Serving Springfield, Branson, & SW Missouri

While there are many options for working in the United States, the immigration laws are complex and limited. Furthermore, immigration law and policy are constantly changing, sometimes available one day and gone the next.  That is why it is important to work with an immigration attorney who stays up to date on the law and will honestly evaluate all your options for obtaining a U.S. work visa or employment-based green card.

We help clients obtain the following temporary employment-based immigrant work visas:

H visas (specialty occupation): The most common H visa, the H-1B, allows people to come to the U.S. to work in specialty occupations. You must have an employer sponsor to obtain an H-1B visa.  Additionally, the H-2B visa is a temporary work visa for foreign workers with a job offer for seasonal, non-agricultural work in the US. 

L visas (intracompany transfer): The L visa, or intracompany transfer visa, allows a current employee of a company to come to the U.S. to work at an affiliate, branch, parent or subsidiary of the company. This visa is available only for managers, executives and employees with specialized knowledge.

O and P visas (extraordinary ability): O and P visas are reserved for individuals with extraordinary ability and national/international acclaim in one of these fields: science, education, business, art, athletics and motion pictures/television.

E visas (treaty traders and investors): Foreign nationals of U.S. treaty countries who wish to engage in trade with the U.S. (the E-1 visa) or invest in a qualified U.S. business (E-2 visa) can apply for an E visa.

Finding The Best Solution For Your Unique Situation

Traditionally, the H-1B process has been the most common way to obtain a temporary work visa to the U.S. Unfortunately, there are significant challenges with the H-1B visa, such as the small number of visas available every year that cap out quickly and the difficult path to obtain a green card. Don’t stop there,you may have other options.

For some people, that means seeking an EB-2 visa through a national interest waiver. For others, it means obtaining a green card after F-1/OPT (optional professional training).

When we meet with you, we can discuss your available options. For a free telephone consultation with our immigration division, please call 417-324-7580 or send us an email.